[Yaffs-archive] RE: Block size of Sandisk 256MB SD Card

Author: Steven Reddie
To: manningc2, yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] RE: Block size of Sandisk 256MB SD Card
Sorry for being off-topic. This list is the only place I've found to get
the answers for why I might want to use yaffs on wince. I think I need to
use it I just want to make sure first. Compatibility with other devices
isn't important to me.

Sandisk state that their SD cards don't have wear-leveling. I assume that a
block driver on the host device can't be doing the physical to logical
mapping because the format would be incompatible with other host devices,
unless there's some standard for doing this. Does this sound like the FAT
problem therefore is a real problem?

Thanks for your help,

Steven