[Yaffs] MTD and YAFFS

Author: Chun Kit Edwin Lau
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] MTD and YAFFS
Hi everyone,

    I am developing an embedded system using yaffs2+2k page NAND as my rootfs.  I
know there have been incomptabilities between MTD and YAFFS.  I applied some
patches.  I was not sure if they were the right one.  My file stopped missing
after mount/umount cycle if and only if I erased the flash before I mounted
the partition the very first time.  But

nandwrite -a -o /dev/mtdX image

didn't work. And no file will show up, just more bad block

    My question is is this problem fixed now in the stock kernel (and what
version)? If not, where are correct the patches?  I have spent so much time
digging for it now, but I didn't seem to find it.  Please excuse for my
stupidity.

    Thank you very much

Edwin Lau