Re: [Yaffs] Running fsstress on YAFFS2 causes panic

Author: rohit h
To: l, yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Running fsstress on YAFFS2 causes panic
On Friday 16 May 2008 20:12:12 Laurence Withers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The line above is the clue. Your system is running out of memory, and the kernel is killing the fstress process. It's not a fault with the filesystem or with the code, nor is it a kernel
> panic (despite the scary backtrace).
>
> The 'oom-killer' (out of memory killer) uses a set of heuristics to determine which process to kill. Generally, it picks on the process using the most memory.
>
> Bye for now,
> --
> Laurence Withers, <>

Hello all,
I instrumented yaffs2 code (picked from yaffs2 cvs on 5th Oct 2007) to find out
memory usage.
In yaffs_MknodObject( ) and yaffs_CheckObjectDetailsLoaded( ), if we
get symbolic link
we call yaffs_CloneString( ) which kmallocs some memory.
I have a doubt as to where this memory is being freed.
Can somebody help ?
Thanks
Rohit