Re: [Balloon] Cross-building debian packages

+ (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Neil Williams
To: balloon
CC: chris
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Cross-building debian packages
On Thu, 09 May 2013 09:23:36 +0100
Chris Jones <> wrote:

> I'm trying to cross-build a Debian package - ppp, as it happens. I can do

Not all Debian packages have cross-build support built-in. Some, like
ppp, do not understand how to use a cross-compiler and assert the use
of cc despite attempts to get it to cross build. The package would need
modification to cross build.

> but it just builds me the native (amd64) version. Am I missing
> something? At the moment I'm having to build it natively on a Bubble
> board which is excruciatingly slow.

Is there an alternative armel platform available for the build?

What about using the existing Debian armel package:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/armel/ppp/download

(or are you patching ppp or adding it inside buildroot?)

I can have a look at providing a patched package, possibly later or
simply uploading a cross-built package somewhere if the changes you
need are checked in somewhere.

--

Neil Williams