Re: [Balloon] Balloonboard.org domain and website

Author: Jonathan McDowell
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Balloonboard.org domain and website
On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 01:07:00PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> The balloonboard.org domain expired last week and Aleph One who have
> sponsored it, and the website hosting, since we started didn't
> particularly feel like paying to renew it, given the mostly-defunct
> nature of the project at this stage.
>
> So I've paid for two more years (and thus am now in control of the
> domain), and Laurie has kindly agreed to keep hosting the website for
> the time being until someone else volunteers, or the
> space/memory/bandwidth usage on the server become problematic.

> The existing site is a smidge under 4G of stuff, moinmoin-based with a
> mailman list, and lurker indexing.

If it gets to the point a new home is needed then let me know (it's not
clear from the above if we're at that stage now or not); I already have
a moin instance serving a couple of domains so adding the Balloon stuff
to it wouldn't be an issue. Likewise another Mailman list. I might need
a couple of pointers around the lurker config however.

J.

--
"Drink until the seat isn't uncomfortable." -- Huey on long distance
flights