[Yaffs] An observation about "useHeaderFileSize" !

Abhishek Bhattacharya abhishek.b@lgsoftindia.com
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:16:16 +0530

Hi

If
if(dev->isYaffs2)
{
dev->useHeaderFileSize =3D 1;
}=0D
is true, in that case, oh->fileSize doesnot get the actual file size.
Thus object's file size remains as 0. While scanning , yaffs2 assigns
the=0D
Size of the file to scannedFileSize. And then the next condition is

	else if(tags.chunkId > 0)
	{
	///code=0D
		if(!dev->useHeaderFileSize)
		{
			in->variant.fileVariant.fileSize =3D =0D
=0D
in->variant.fileVariant.scannedFileSize;
		}
	///code
	}

And last but not the least=0D
"The useHeaderFileSize option is only useful for YAFFS1"
"Defeat this and YAFFS2 will break" ... Could you kindly throw some more
Light on that please? I feel these two statements slightly contradict.

Regards
Abhishek