[Yaffs] Settings for YAFFS2 & 2k mkyaffsimage

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Tue Jul 19 00:07:24 BST 2005

A slight correction to the following:

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 05:31, Blair Barnett wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Currently, YAFFS2 has a dependency on the correct release of the MTD
> code. This mainly has to do with MTD's AUTOPLACE feature that YAFFS2
> knows nothing about.

YAFFS2 uses the mtds AUTOPLACE and expects it to be working correctly, which
unfortunately was not the case for a while.

The classic symptom for this being the problem is that JFFS2 and everything
else works but yaffs2 does not.

> Your best bet is to go to http://www.toby-churchill.org/ and download
> the linux-2.4.25 kernel that has a working MTD/YAFFS2 combination. See
> http://www.aleph1.co.uk/pipermail/yaffs/2005q2/001172.html for more
> information.

The toby-churchill stuff has the AUTOPLACE fixed/hacked/bypassed  by Nick. He
passed the patch on to mtd folks in May and I believe it is now sorted out
(properly) in the main mtd.

-- Charles