[Yaffs] Current Linux YAFFS effort

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Jul 27 01:19:48 BST 2005

Hi YAFFSers

There has been a huge increase in the pace of the YAFFS list in the last two
weeks or so.

Marty Fouts and Luc van Oostenryck (thanx guys) have signed up to help move
YAFFS2 along in the next phases of achieving:
* Up to date patch state.
* A lot more code cleanliness etc. We will be dropping as much dead code as
possible and throwing out stuff that is no longer required (eg. throwing out
yaffsram and using mtd's nandsim instead).
* Getting YAFFS from a black magic situation where it is now where various mtd
tweaks and config raindances are required, to a "just plug it in and it
works".
* Getting YAFFS into the Linux kernel.
* As previously stated, the focus is on YAFFS2 codebase.

Thanx also to all who have submitted patches recently. I have applied most of
the recent patches. Luc is also ploughing through the last 3 years of yaffs
list to check for anything dropped etc.

For any patches, please try to do these against latest CVS so that the
patching is cleaner. Also, please make sure that they are labelled in some
way to tell yaffs from yaffs2.

Charles