[Yaffs] Patch: build yaffs2 in kernel tree

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Jul 27 03:46:37 BST 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 13:15, Sergey Kubushyn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This one allows to build yaffs2 in main kernel tree. Just copy yaffs2/ to
> the fs/ tree, remove anything but *.[ch] from yaffs2/ (Makefile and 2
> directories), apply the patch, make menuconfig and enjoy.

Thanx for this Sergey

As previously discussed, we won't put any "patches against kernels" into CVS
because this leads to dependency hell.

Instead, the CVS will have a patch in script which makes for a clean
partitioning. This might be used to generate "patch-balls" which can be
applied to the kernel.

The Marty, Luc and I are working towards a cleaned up patch in script and
simplified stuff to go with it.

A lot of this patch set is already in CVS, but one of us will sift through it
to see what is new here.

-- Charles