[Yaffs] kernel crash

Ian McDonnell ian at brightstareng.com
Wed Jul 27 14:01:32 BST 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 12:11, Juris Kalnins wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 July 2005 03:07, Charles Manning wrote:
> > Wahoo! I think I need my hand smacked: GC should not be
> > recursive!
> >
> > I will look at this within the next 24 hrs.
> >
> > Could you send me the /proc/yaffs?
>
> Too difficult, kernel stack corrupted. Btw, /proc/yaffs, does
> it show only first yaffs device info? This happnens on the
> second yaffs mount.
>
> We tested a patch similar to yours here (in
> yaffs_CheckGarbageCollection, to return immediately from
> recursive call), and the problem dissapeared. Thanks for your
> fast response.

I have a patch to list multiple yaffs filesystems in /proc/yaffs.
I sent it to Charles yesterday.  If one needs it NOW send me
e-mail.

BTW, if you change any of the yaffs data structs, be sure to do
"make clean; make" -- otherwise code and data don't match and
this usually results in a crash.  The Makefile does *not* handle
any dependancies!

Same goes for MTD vs. YAFFS.  If you change MTD, be sure to
rebuild yaffs.

-imcd