[Yaffs] Yaffs & uclinux kernel 2.4.22 problem

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Jul 27 21:36:28 BST 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 02:24, Ludovic Guilhamat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to shift from Jffs2 to Yaffs, but I have some problems...
>
> Well, I work on a Coldfire platform, with uClinux and a 2.4.22 kernel.
>
> I successfully compiled Yaffs on this distrib, but I've a problem when I
> want to mount a Nand partition with Yaffs.
> Actually, it's a Jffs2 partition (empty), so I unmount it, I use
> 'mkyaffs /dev/mtd1' to format it, and I use 'mount -t yaffs /dev/mtd1
> /var/parameters' to mount it, but I have this message :
>
> mtdblock_open
> ok
> yaffs: dev is 7937 name is "1f:01"
> yaffs_read_super: MTD block size 4096
> yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 31.1, "1f:01"
> yaffs locking
>

> yaffs_read_super: guts initialised
> yaffs_read_super : guts initialized...
> yaffs_get_inode for object 146776
> yaffs_read_inode for 146776

Did all that happen just from the mount or did you do something between
mounting and crashing? It seems that the scanning itself went fine.

One of the best things you can do at this point is to turn on a bit more
tracing. tracing is controlled by yaffs_traceMask in yaffs_fs.c. Set it to
0xFFFFFFFF and you'll get everything.

Are you using yaffs or yaffs2 codebase?

-- Charles