[Yaffs] Yaffs & bad blocks...

Ludovic Guilhamat lguilhamat at perax.fr
Fri Jul 29 13:22:04 BST 2005

Hi,

I began to test Yaffs on a 2Mb empty partition, with a little program
that recursively writes and erases files (one of 500*1024 bytes and many
of 1024 bytes).

I let it turn during approx. 15 min. Then, I wanted to format my yaffs
partition with mkyaffs, ... but once executed, it tells me a lot of
damaged blocks...!

Then, when I remount my partition, It's like none files had been
erased... I've only 176 kB now !

So do you have an idea of what could I do to *really* format my 2Mb
partition, in order to my empty 2Mb again ?

Many thanks.

Regards.
Ludovic.