[Yaffs] YAFFS2 for linux 2.4

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Thu Sep 8 23:02:10 BST 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 01:41, Andy Hawkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone tell me where I can get hold of a version of YAFFS2 suitable
> for a 2.4 kernel? It's 2.4.20 from MontaVista, with some updated MTD code
> (they look to be from around May 2004).

YAFFS2 in CVS should work except that you will probably need to redo the
Config and Makefile

The biggest issue will be getting the mtd right. Recent changes to the mtd no
longer support 2.4. However, what yaffs2 needs from mtd is pretty minimal and
it is not a huge effort to modify mtd accordingly.

Charles