[Yaffs] Re: mv problem

ian at brightstareng.com ian at brightstareng.com
Wed Sep 21 20:11:48 BST 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 12:13, Sergey Kubushyn wrote:
> Conclusion: YAFFS (dunno about YAFFS2, don't have hardware to
> test) in it's present state can only be used for a
> non-critical experimenter's system with a very light FS usage
> where total loss of data is OK. One must be totally out of his
> mind to even think of using it in a production environment of
> any kind.
>
> I don't even mention that FS tools do not exist...

Haven't you figured out that this kind of retoric is likely to get
you blocked from the list. Perhaps you should do one of these
'Miracles' your talk about so much...

> *  KSI at home    KOI8 Net  < >  The impossible we do immediately.  *
> *  Las Vegas   NV, USA   < >  Miracles require 24-hour notice.   *

While you're at it perhaps you could make MTD perfect too...

We're using Yaffs and Yaffs2 with MTD, there is some hacking required,
primarilly cuz MTD's interface and behaviour varies from week to week,
but Yaffs does work.

-imcd