[Yaffs] mkyaffs build how

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Oct 12 01:00:18 BST 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 20:48, yonathana wodeselia wrote:
> Hi yaffsers,
> How do i compile the yaffs utils ? I have tried building them against a
> 2.4.19 kernel and a 2.6.12 kernel but both end up in errors.Am using the
> cvs version of yaffs

Hi

A few things have been changed in the mtd interfaces since this was written.

I have made some changes in CVS so that this is now building, but I have not
tested it. These changes introduce some name changes - most noteably changing
st_xxx to yst_xxx in places. This **might** have caused  build problems in
the yaffs file system module, but I hope not. Unfortunately my system is not
currently set up to build yaffs1 modules.

The mkyaffsimage tool was designed with the assumption that the SmartMedia
NAND layout is being used. If the mtd layer has been configured to do
anything strange, then you will need to tweak the tool.

-- CHarles