[Yaffs] Re: YAFFS2 boot loader

Nick Bane nick at cecomputing.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 09:51:40 BST 2005

Rakhi Rathi wrote:
> Nick, can you please guide me for below listed things.
>
> Looking forward for positive response from you.....

I was out yesterday till late so I only got your mail this morning.

> Thanks,
> Rakhi
>
> On 10/19/05, *Rakhi Rathi* <rakhi5511 at gmail.com
> <mailto:rakhi5511 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks Nick.
>
>     I want to write mkyaffsimage and mkyaffs utility for creating YAFFS2
>     root fs and formatting / programming big/small blocks.  I am
>     clueless how can I do that? Could you please give me some guidance
>     for the same? I will share the code on YAFFS website too.

It has been a fair while since I looked at mkyaffsimage so I will leave
it to others on the list to help there. In principle it is simple, you
chunk the world up into pages and oob info and write that to a file. You
should probably read the mkyaffsimage source and be at least slightly
familiar with it first and then ask some specific questions.

>     I want to do this for my own interest and to take first step to
>     contribute to open source community.

This is best done on the yaffs list so others can contribute and make
suggestions. I know it is on the todo list for several people and it may
already have been done. I have cc'd this to the list for comments.

>     Also, could please help me with tar of bootldr35 code.

Use wget
http://husaberg.toby-churchill.com/releases/development/bootldr/bootldr35

I can tar it up if wget is not helpful to you.

Nick