[Yaffs] Yaffs2 - Is this a bug

osindgy osIndgy osindgy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 09:25:55 BST 2005

Hi,
 I have downloaded the yaffs2 from
http://www.aleph1.co.uk/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ for linux 2.4.20 and i'm facing
some issues during the build.
 In the file yaffs_guts.c in function yaffs_DeleteChunk(..), there is a call
for yaffs_ReadChunkFromNAND(dev,chunkId,NULL,&spare,0); as shown below.
 #ifdef CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE
  //read data before write, to ensure correct ecc
//if we're using MTD verification under Linux
yaffs_ReadChunkFromNAND(dev,chunkId,NULL,&spare,0);
#endif
 Issues:
1. spare has not been declared anywhere in the function .
2. yaffs_ReadChunkFromNAND() in yaffs_DeleteChunk(..) doesnot have a defined
reference.
 When i build yaffs2, first i get "spare undeclared", after declaring the
spare as "yaffs_spare spare" in the function, it builds fine but while
linking it gives me an error " undefined refernce: yaffs_ReadChunkFromNAND".
 Has anyone encountered this problem (or cud be a bug). Is there any patch
available for this.
 Thanks in Advance,
Gromer