[Yaffs] Compiling error with yaffs direct

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Fri Nov 11 03:56:00 GMT 2005

On Thursday 10 November 2005 17:03, Li, Aubrey wrote:
> Hi yaffsers,
>
> I download today's tarball of yaffs package.
> When I enter folder direct under yaffs, I got an error if I build the
> direct branch.
> - - - -
> make: *** No rule to make target `nand_ecc.c', needed by `nand_ecc.o'.
> Stop.

This is only for the bootloader code (linked to yboot etc).

Claudio's patch substitutes in yaffs_ecc.c and fixes that problem.

yaffs_ecc is a bit faster than nand_ecc.c

I suggest you use the yaffs2 codebase for any future efforts. The yaffs
codebase is "bug fix only" and the yaffs2 codebase has a few more features
and gets all the current testing etc.

-- CHarles