[Yaffs] Mapping of yaffs_ExtendedTags to Spare area in large page

Srikanth srikanth at dgbmicro.com
Mon Nov 21 13:21:12 GMT 2005

Hello,

As per my understanding a large page (2K bytes {x8 device}) will be viewed
as 4 small pages (512 bytes {x8 device}).
The spare area will also be dived in to 4 equal spaces.

According to the spare area assignment standard for large page(2k).
   1   2    3     4     5     6    7    8    9     10    11     12     13
14  15  16
| BI |RES |LSN0 |LSN1 |LSN2 |RES |WC0 |WC1 |ECC0 |ECC1 |ECC2 |S-ECC0 |S-ECC1
|RES|RES|RES|

the above spare area is for 512 bytes of data for the large page(2k) the
spare area size will be
4*16 = 64k.

I was not able to map structure yaffs_ExtendedTags to the spare area.
I am trying to run (dtest)the code in VC++ environment. I get the size of
the "yaffs_ExtendedTags" as 72 bytes.
Can you please help me.

Thanks and regards,

Srikanth