[Yaffs] YAFFS on NOR Flash

Rudi Engelbertink rudi at unsec.nl
Tue Nov 29 08:51:22 GMT 2005

LS,

A few months back I saw on the mailing list that although yaffs is intended
for NAND flash, it is possible to use the yaffs filesystem on NOR flash or
Intel Strata Flash. It was also mentioned that additional info should be
added to the FAQ. Until now this info isn't available.

My questions is, what needs to be changed/configured to get the yaffs
filesystem working on the strata flash. The first thing the driver does
is to check the flash device if it's a nand flash device. Of course the
strata device isn't, and it exits.

Is there a specific patch for strata (NOR) devices or 'config options' that
needs to be modified and is it eventually suitable for YAFFS2 ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Rudi.

--
   Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790), Letter to Josiah Quincy, Sept. 11, 1773.
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 706C E2AC 7AE2 BCEE 04EB  A962 0A75 7F9B 07A1 83E8