[Yaffs] Question about unliked and deleted directories for yaffs2

Lance Ware lware2002 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 23:19:17 GMT 2005

Hello fellow yaffers,

    I wanted to know what was the difference between and unlinked directory and a deleted directory.  The reason why I am asking is that I currently testing a system with yaffs2 file system.  When I remove a file from the yaffs system, I look at the nFreeChunks variable under /proc/yaffs and see that the total space hasn't been totally recovered.  I seem to be losing a Chunks or pages with each file creation and deletion.  This problem becomes amplified when I do unscheduled power-off's and on's.  After about an hour, creating and removing files and rebooting I have about 90% of the nand flash available for use.  The number of bad blocks still remain the same, I know this because the bad block table given during boot up is the same and the bad block table given during yaffs_ScanBackwards is the same. Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

Lance