Autor: Zhen Feng
To: yaffs
Betreff: [Yaffs] Problems on "rm -rf" on Yaffs2(Sorry for long lines in the former mail)
When I want to remove a directory using "rm -rf <dir>" command, a error message
"The directory is not empty" occurs and serveral files in the directory are not deleted.

I traced into the code and found that yaffs_readdir() could be called serveral times by
one time execution of "rm".Also, the file->f_pos are increased if a child(file) of this
directory was found.

"rm" unlink the file read from directory entry:

rm->unlink()-> yaffs_unlink()-> yaffs_Unlink() ->yaffs_UnlinkWorker() ->
yaffs_UnlinkFile()->yaffs_ChangeObjectName()->yaffs_AddObjectToDirectory(), the unlinked
file will be add to "unlinked directory", in this case, this file is removed from its old
parent directory's children list(obj->variant.directoryVariant.children) but added to the
children of unlinked dir. (Is it right???)

The question is when "rm" has to call readdir() again because of low buffer, file->f_pos
is not 0 but a large number, the following code in yaffs_readdir() will bypass serveral
files:

    offset = f->f_pos;
       curoffs = 1;
    list_for_each(i,&obj->variant.directoryVariant.children)
    {
        curoffs++;
        if(curoffs >= offset)
        {

curoffs have to increase until it reaches f->f_pos, so readdir() miss serveral files in
the front of obj->variant.directoryVariant.children

As a result, serveral files in the directory are not able to be unlinked, consequently,
direcotry can not be removed.

I wonder if my traces are right, how could I fix my problem ? I delete a single file or
directory with a small number of files, it is all right.

My arm Kernel is 2.4.18 running on samsung S3C2410. Nand Flash is samsung 128Mb with 2k
Large page.

Thanks a Lot!!

--Zhen Feng