Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
CC: Martin Fouts
Alte Treads: [Yaffs] MTD nandsim HOWTO for yaffs users
Betreff: Re: [Yaffs] MTD nandsim HOWTO for yaffs users
Hi Marty

The only problem with this marked below: need CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS otherwise
you don't get offered NANDSIM

I am currently using this to find the problem with the mv. I think it is most
likely due to the Rename changes I did not being done properly which causes a
dcache inconsistency.

On Friday 29 July 2005 16:13, Martin Fouts wrote:
> If you wish to use the mtd nandsim device as a simulator for testing
> yaffs, you can follow these steps:
>
> 1) Make sure you have a recent 2.6 kernel with a recent MTD tree. (If
> you ask the MTD folk, they'll tell you to run the mtd patchin script
> from the latest cvs version of MTD.)
>
> 2) Configure your kernel to enable the mtd nand support and nandsim
> driver. Make sure that the following are set in .config:
>
> CONFIG_MTD=m
> CONFIG_MTD_CHAR=m
> CONFIG_MTD_BLOCK=m

CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS=m