Re: [Yaffs] When is a block which is marked for retirement a…

トップ ページ
添付ファイル:
Eメールのメッセージ
+ (text/plain)
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ian McDonnell
To: Wagner Scott (ST-IN/ENG1.1)
CC: yaffs
題目: Re: [Yaffs] When is a block which is marked for retirement actually marked bad?
Scott,

On Tuesday 24 March 2009, Wagner Scott (ST-IN/ENG1.1) wrote:
> My real concern is what happens when I have page write
> failures..  I think what you are saying is that YAFFS:
> - retries the write on a different page
> - leaves the incorrectly written page alone and orphaned (e.g.
> it won't be part of the YAFFS fs structure)
> - allows the eraseblock (and its remaining good pages) to live
> on, at least until erasure
> - Marks the eraseblock bad in OOB when it is erased (e.g.
> retires the block at erase time)
>
> Is this right?  If so, it seems OK as long as bad pages within
> an eraseblock does not imply unreliability of other pages
> within the same eraseblock.

We'd need the NAND vendors to reveal that, but I think it
reasonable to suspect that if a block is improperly erased that
any data subsequently written to that block is liable to
failure. But if an individual page is bad because of, say,
power loss at the time of the write, that the other pages within
that block would be solid. But this is JUST A GUESS.

-imcd