Re: [Yaffs] failed erases causing block retirement

トップ ページ
添付ファイル:
Eメールのメッセージ
+ (text/plain)
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ben Gamsa
To: yaffs
題目: Re: [Yaffs] failed erases causing block retirement
Charles Manning wrote:

> It is safe to retry erases from a yaffs perspective, but if blocks are really
> failing erases (ie. not just a driver issue) I would be a bit concerned as
> to their health and would not want to reuse those blocks.

Right, that was my concern too. I guess what I wasn't sure of is
whether an erase failure is almost always (barring driver issues) an
indication of a bad block, or whether, like writes, it can be a
temporary glitch for which retries make sense. Since in my case it
turned out to be a driver issue, I still don't know the answer to this
question, but it is now less pressing.

--
Ben Gamsa
SOMA Networks   312 Adelaide St. W. Suite 600 Toronto, Ontario, M5V1R2