Re: [Yaffs] Bad eraseblocks and NAND / ECC layouts

トップ ページ
添付ファイル:
Eメールのメッセージ
+ (text/plain)
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Robin Iddon
To: Rong Shen
CC: yaffs
題目: Re: [Yaffs] Bad eraseblocks and NAND / ECC layouts

Rong Shen wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Robin Iddon <> wrote:
>
>> A word of caution on this:
>>
>>> 1. completely wipe the flash, data and spare area
>>>

>> We found that forcing erasure of bad block markers on Micron MLC FLASH part
>> (29F32G08QAA) left the block in a state where it could not be programmed
>> again (i.e. the bad block marker could not be set again). This is fair
>>

> Bad block marker is just non-FF byte/word in the spare area, if all
> bits are stuck in 1, the manufacturer wouldn't have had been able to
> mark it in the first place. Strange though. I could be wrong but it's
> more like a faulty chip or h/w issue.

In the factory they have more ways than one to program the bits I
suspect; ways that aren't available to you by the time the die is
packaged into the chip.

This happened on 6 out of 6 chips that we forcibly erased.

Robin