[Yaffs] Bad blocks on small partitions?

Author: Boaz Ben-David
To: yaffs@lists.aleph1.co.uk
Subject: [Yaffs] Bad blocks on small partitions?
Hi all,

I am using Yaffs on MLC NAND with several partitions, two of them are
65MB and about 1.6GB in size.
For some reason, the smaller one has a lot of bad blocks created on it
under use when the same usage
on the larger (1.6GB) partition does not generate such results.
I haven't been able to determine the cause for this and I am using the
default YAFFS2 configuration in the kernel,
nothing too fancy.
I've written to the mailing list before about this bad blocks creation
issue but back then I didn't know this is not
happening on bigger partitions, and since I wasn't able to find the
cause for this I thought I should try again.
BTW, I've already run all the built-in mtd tests on the device but no
errors were found.

Can anyone suggest a lead on this?

Thanks,

Boaz.