[Balloon] Installing libraries for cross-building applicatio…

Author: Chris Jones
To: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Installing libraries for cross-building applications to run on Balloon
Hi all,

I hope the cross-development gurus out there might have a simple answer
to this question. Basically I've got an application here which I'd like
to cross-build to run on a Balloon board. It has worked before, and
indeed cross-builds quite happily on another machine, but on the Debian
Squeeze box I've got set up here, fails because it can't find a header
file in /include/libssl.

Looking at the machine which works, the offending file is present and
correct. According to dpkg -S, it's owned by libssl-dev-armel-cross. But
I can't figure out how to install that package. All the internet
searching I've done has pointed to using apt-cross, but that seems to
have gone away in Debian Squeeze.

What's the approved way of installing -dev package for cross-building
under Debian at the moment?

Thank you
Chris
--
Chris Jones -
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd c/o Element Energy Ltd