Re: [Yaffs] Disabling Checkpointing

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Disabling Checkpointing
On Thursday 19 September 2013 00:28:26
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Read in the 'General debugging notes' post (26-Aug-2009) that disabling
> checkpointing
> might be a useful thing to do but can't find how to to disable it.
>
> Can someone tell me how to disable checkpointing ?

There are some runtime parameters to control this in the device initialisation
parameters:

dev->param.skip_checkpt_rd = 1; // skip reading checkpoint on mount (ie force
scan)
dev->param.skip_checkpt_wr = 1; // skip writing checkpoint on unmount (ie
force scan on next mount)

There are also some other useful fields
disable_summary (don't use block summaries).

During early bring-up, the following are very useful:
disable_bad_block_marking.
always_check_erased.

and others

Regards