[Yaffs] YAFFS2 disk nearly full - help!

+ (text/html)
Author: Dominic Raferd
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] YAFFS2 disk nearly full - help!

    I am responsible for a PBX system which uses embedded uClinux on
    256MB internal memory disk, this uses YAFFS2 filesystem and it is
    rapidly running out of memory. df used space is 240MB (96% of total)
    and du used space is 76MB. Once df gets to 100% used I guess the
    whole system will fail and be irrecoverable. I don't understand much
    about YAFFS but here is some info:

    root@G-124:~# cat /proc/yaffs

    YAFFS built:Apr 22 2010 11:02:12

    $Id: yaffs_fs.c,v 1.89 2009-11-29 21:50:10 charles Exp $

    $Id: yaffs_guts.c,v 1.98 2009-12-07 01:17:33 charles Exp $

    Device 0 "file system"

    startBlock......... 0

    endBlock........... 1951

    totalBytesPerChunk. 2048

    nDataBytesPerChunk. 2048

    chunkGroupBits..... 0

    chunkGroupSize..... 1

    nErasedBlocks...... 63

    nReservedBlocks.... 5

    blocksInCheckpoint. 0

    nTnodesCreated..... 97500

    nFreeTnodes........ 41

    nObjectsCreated.... 96700

    nFreeObjects....... 92

    nFreeChunks........ 8822

    nPageWrites........ 8033

    nPageReads......... 89169

    nBlockErasures..... 180

    nGCCopies.......... 4471

    garbageCollections. 72

    passiveGCs......... 0

    nRetriedWrites..... 0

    nShortOpCaches..... 10

    nRetireBlocks...... 0

    eccFixed........... 0

    eccUnfixed......... 0

    tagsEccFixed....... 0

    tagsEccUnfixed..... 0

    cacheHits.......... 20

    nDeletedFiles...... 0

    nUnlinkedFiles..... 56

    nBackgroudDeletions 0

    useNANDECC......... 1

    noTagsECC.......... 0

    isYaffs2........... 1

    inbandTags......... 0

    emptyLostAndFound.. 0

    disableLazyLoad.... 0

    (The mounting memory loss may be related to frequent power cuts. Is
    there anything that can be done to recover the lost memory
    (currently 164MB) before the system fails entirely?

    I would be very grateful for some urgent help/input, and can pay
    something for a positive resolution. (The PBX box also has an
    attached USB drive (8GB) but although this is working fine I don't
    believe the system can boot from here, and it has no local
    interface, only via ethernet.)

    Thanks and regards

    Dominic

--