Re: [Yaffs] mkyaffs2image generate wrong image Failedto exec…

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
CC: vishnu pratap singh, yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] mkyaffs2image generate wrong image Failedto execute/linuxrc. Attempting defaults...
On Wednesday 08 January 2014 01:51:42 vishnu pratap singh wrote:
> Charles Manning <manningc2 <at> actrix.gen.nz> writes:
> > It also depends on how you write the flash too. If you write raw then
>
> you will
>
> > get different results than if you write the data using ECC.
> >
> > The best way to do this is to go through your process and look at the
>
> data as
>
> > it flows through each layer.
>
> Hi,
>
> I am also facing same issue, below is the logs
> [    4.891224] VFS: Mounted root (yaffs2 filesystem) on device 31:11.
> [    4.897498] devtmpfs: mounted mnt dir = /dev
> [    4.901795] Freeing init memory: 156K
> [    4.905355] Failed to execute /bin/sh.  Attempting defaults...
> [    4.911304] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try passing
> init= option to kernel. See Linux Documentation/init.txt for guidance.

> please let me know how to fix this problem or please point me where could
> be the problem.

Hello

This problem is almost always caused by a difference between how the tags in
the image are written into flash and how Yaffs then reads them out. The
difference is normally due to the placement of the spare oob bytes that Yaffs
uses for tags.

To get around this problem generally requires some experimentation and
inspection of the placement and reading of the oob bytes.

-- CHarles