Re: [Yaffs] can GC happen on a file system mounted RO?

+ (text/html)
Author: Charles Manning
To: Chris.Gofforth
CC: YAFFS ML
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] can GC happen on a file system mounted RO?
Yes you absolutely can call gc at any time when the Yaffs file system is
mounted, so long as all the locking is done safely.

This is done through the background gc mechanism.

Yaffs under Linux has this running as a default.

Under Yaffs Direct there's a function

int yaffs_do_background_gc(const YCHAR *path, int urgency);
that does this.

This needs to be called periodically (eg. in a gc thread).

-- Charles