[Yaffs] "Using yaffs" web page

Laurie van Someren laurie at aleph1.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 09:46:22 BST 2005

On Tue 19 Jul, Charles Manning wrote:
> Hi YAFFSers
>
> I am thinking of setting up a web page with some community feedback and maybe
> some fun stuff too. I don't know where this is going yet, or where it will be
> hosted (my space or Aleph One).
>
> Something I am interested in is how (products etc) and where (physically)
> people are using YAFFS. I would like to make a pin-map showing where in the
> world people are using/working with YAFFS and a table of usage. Usage can be
> specified detailing specific products/projects (eg. Muncha-mixer blender) or
> vague (eg. kitchen applicance). You can state OS, CPU, NAND size if you wish.
> You can give company details if you wish.
>
> Of course there is no obligation to do this and all answers will be treated in
> confidence. If you wish to participate, just send the info directly to me
> (ie. not to the mailing list).

Charles, I think this is an admirable idea.  Aleph One would be happy to
organise hosting.

At present the YAFFS community includes people using it happily and
finding it works, and others wondering if it would work for them. A
list/map such as you describe would show what a lot of the former group
there are.

I guess it must be limited to showing the locations of the company
offices responsible for putting YAFFS in a product; to show each country
in which each product is used would make the picture too congested.

The more detail people give of the use they are making of YAFFS the more
scope there is for collaboration, or sales, between companies with
similar interests.  But even scanty data will be welcomed.

May I encourage readers to send material to Charles, please ?

I propose (for discussion) the following headings:-

OBLIGATORY:
Country of relevant office
Broad Product category

OPTIONAL:
Name of company
  Other contact details (which may be available only on request)
More-detailed description of Product
OS  used
CPU used
NAND chip size
Total NAND size
Quantity of product in circulation - to nearest Order of Magnitude
  (don't worry if it is only 100-300; we all start somewhere)

Suggestions to the list for other data to collect are welcome.

Thanks

LvS
--
Laurie van Someren  at Aleph One Ltd    Old Courthouse   Bottisham
CAMBRIDGE  CB5 9BA  UK  T: +44 (0)1 223 811 679  F: +44 (0)1 223 812 713
http://www.aleph1.co..uk  E:laurie at aleph1.co.uk