[Yaffs] Tests status

Luc Van Oostenryck lkml at looxix.net
Mon Aug 1 00:04:38 BST 2005

Here are some other problems that I detect when running some tests:

- Trying to change the permission of the root -> crash.
   -> problem with SetAttributes() forcing the update of the header
      but the header does not exist, the root is a fake dir.
   Possible solution:
   - do not force the update of the header if it doesn't exists
   - don't use a fake header for the root directory so that any change
     of permissions made to it are permanent.
     Of course, I much prefer this one.

- There is a problem related to truncation and rewrite of files but I
   have not yet investigated this one.
   May be related to not using USE_HEADER_SIZE ???

- The problem related to NULL name in yaffs_FindObjectByName() reported
   in a previous mail.

The tests which explicitely check for inode problems went well but more testing
is on the road.

Luc