[Yaffs] Tests status

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Mon Aug 1 05:58:26 BST 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 11:04, Luc Van Oostenryck wrote:
> Here are some other problems that I detect when running some tests:
>
> - Trying to change the permission of the root -> crash.
>    -> problem with SetAttributes() forcing the update of the header
>       but the header does not exist, the root is a fake dir.
>    Possible solution:
>    - do not force the update of the header if it doesn't exists
>    - don't use a fake header for the root directory so that any change
>      of permissions made to it are permanent.
>      Of course, I much prefer this one.

Hmm this did work at one stage, and there is even special handling code in the
scanning for this.

I'll investigate it.

> - There is a problem related to truncation and rewrite of files but I
>    have not yet investigated this one.
>    May be related to not using USE_HEADER_SIZE ???

If you can make a test case I will investigate further.

> - The problem related to NULL name in yaffs_FindObjectByName() reported
>    in a previous mail.

I have provisionally fixed this in CVS.

I will investigate and check further as part of some tests I am doing tonight.

-- CHarles