[Yaffs] Re: mv problem -->yaffs/mtd interface

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Tue Sep 27 04:16:19 BST 2005

Thanx for this Marty

I assume you're running YAFFS2 with 2k page devices. Is that so?

Is there some way you can extend these tests to yaffs2 with yaff1 backward
compatability too? If you don't have the hardware, perhaps someone on the
list who has yaffs1 hardware can run a consistent set of tests?

Folks: This is where the community nature of OSS kicks in. If we can get a few
more people in doing these tests and improving various areas then:
1) Robustness improves.
2) Problems get fixed sooner rather than later. Less pain for all.
3) Less dependency on single people which cause bottlenecks.
4) A bit more free time for yaffs developers. The wife gets kissed, the kids
get patted on the head, and a few more trout get caught :-).

If anyone wants to volunteer to add their test capability to this, perhaps you
can communicate with Marty to make a coordinated effort.

-- Charles