[Yaffs] Re: mv problem -->yaffs/mtd interface

Martin Fouts Martin.Fouts at palmsource.com
Tue Sep 27 05:47:04 BST 2005

One of these days I'm going to get the naming right.  I'm running the
yaffs2 codebase with 512 byte page devices.  We don't yet have any 2k
page devices.

> Is there some way you can extend these tests to yaffs2 with
> yaff1 backward compatability too? If you don't have the
> hardware, perhaps someone on the list who has yaffs1 hardware
> can run a consistent set of tests?

Yes, the tests are meant to be fairly flexible.  In several cases
they're just ordinary programs like iozone and fsx run in various mixes
under shell scripts.  It's just a matter of getting the right hardware.

> Folks: This is where the community nature of OSS kicks in. If
> we can get a few more people in doing these tests and
> improving various areas then:
> 1) Robustness improves.
> 2) Problems get fixed sooner rather than later. Less pain for all.
> 3) Less dependency on single people which cause bottlenecks.
> 4) A bit more free time for yaffs developers. The wife gets
> kissed, the kids get patted on the head, and a few more trout
> get caught :-).
>
> If anyone wants to volunteer to add their test capability to
> this, perhaps you can communicate with Marty to make a
> coordinated effort.

I'm more than willing to coordinate.

Marty