[Yaffs] mkyaffs2image first cut

Nick Bane nick at cecomputing.co.uk
Sun Oct 23 11:16:15 BST 2005

Hi yaffsers,

The attached is a utils directory that occupies the same place in the
yaffs2 directory as the one in original yaffs. It supports the building
of the oft requested mkyaffs2image application and seems to work.

This was a quick and dirty hack that we (Toby Churchill Ltd) needed for
a batch of boards with only 2k NAND devices. It seems to work ok though
doubtless it could be tidied up. Note that the big endian support for
extended tags is bypassed in the interest of seeing it all work "now".
Maybe James Ng would like to update it.

It goes in parallel with bootldr36 and a variation on 2.4.25-vrs2-tcl1
that can be dug out of husaberg.toby-churchill.com/balloon/releases for
those that were asking for an illustration of its use. I made a note
that yaffs2 does have much more overhead than yaffs1 so that only *half*
of our 1MB boot partition is available even when reducing the reserved
block count to the minimum of 2. This is not a grizzle, just an
observation for folks planning to migrate yaffs2 for small partitions.

Although I have write access to the cvs archive I suggest this update
sanity checked by others first before inclusion.

Nick