[Yaffs] Re: Squelch mount-time debug messages by default

John M Cavallo johnc at datadesigncorp.net
Fri Dec 9 20:26:31 GMT 2005

> On Friday 04 November 2005 14:33, Todd Poynor wrote:
> > Modify tracing of yaffs_GutsInitialise entry/exit messages from
> > TRACE_ALWAYS to TRACE_TRACING (assuming this is an intended use of
> that
> > trace flag).
>
> Thanx
>
> Will change this. The current flag usage is a bit unruly.
>
> I might concoct a better trace flag layout at some stage.
>
> BTW:
>
> Does anyone have a simple proc_write that could be hacked/patched
> into
> yaffsfs.c to allow the tracemask to be modified dynamically with
> something
> like:
>

> # echo FFFFFFFF > /proc/yaffs
>
> ?
>
> -- Charles

Charles,

I have two versions of this type of thing, one simple for the user the
other simple for the programmer. I am attaching the latter. I find it
easier because I can give it the logical name of the flag rather than
it's bit position.

In this one the flags can be set or cleared by echoing the name of the
flag into /proc/yaffs with a '+' or '-':

echo +os-write > /proc/yaffs

It can be set to to all or none using '=', and then flags can be added
or removed:

echo =none+os+write > /proc/yaffs

And you can use numerical values, if you are so inclined (using standard
c format):

echo 0xf00001 > /proc/yaffs

It runs fine on my system, but when I went to add it to the latest
version of Yaffs on the web (as of 9 Dec) I found some differences in
other parts of the file that prevented compilation.

Yeah, I might have gone overboard with this. If you want, I can clean up
the other version and make it available as well.

John