[Yaffs] Re: Asking for the stable version

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Sun Dec 11 23:54:50 GMT 2005

+++ Aubrey [05-12-08 12:27 +0800]:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to know if I release the YAFFS in my system for product, Is
> there a stable version passed the heavy test? It seems not to be
> mentioned on the website. Forgive me if I miss something.

We don't release particular versions. We just have the latest version
available in CVS - which is generally considered to be the best version.

This is the same way that the MTD subsystem is developed.

The reason is that it is very difficult to know in advance if any particular
version is 'better than usual'.

We could tag particular days with version numbers, and store tarballs, if
people think it is worth the effort. I do quite like to have named versions
myself, but I am not convinced that there is any real benefit to be had in
the case of YAFFS. Persuade me.

Wookey