[Yaffs] Re: Asking for the stable version

Jon Masters jonmasters at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 00:50:42 GMT 2005

On 12/11/05, Wookey <wookey at aleph1.co.uk> wrote:
> +++ Aubrey [05-12-08 12:27 +0800]:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I want to know if I release the YAFFS in my system for product, Is
> > there a stable version passed the heavy test? It seems not to be
> > mentioned on the website. Forgive me if I miss something.
>
> We don't release particular versions. We just have the latest version
> available in CVS - which is generally considered to be the best version.

Tagging might be a useful thing, but the reality is that things are
still being poked at. It's a lot like the Linux kernel vendor
stabilisation stuff in that it's best to let your vendor (i.e. you) do
a round of stabilisation testing before shipping - run some regression
tests and tag a kernel as being blessed.

Jon.