Re: [Yaffs] porting yaffs to KEIL-Windows

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs, MAIKEL214
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] porting yaffs to KEIL-Windows
On Wednesday 16 July 2008 04:12:55 wrote:
> I am trying to port yaffs2 to work with a numonyx NAND in an asix 11015
> processor, it´s an embebbed system without RTOS. I have to use KEIL
> compiler

Can you tell me a bit more about this processor. What architecture is it? Is
it 16 bit?

> The problem is that the KEIL C compiler environment that only runs with
> Windows is very hardware dependant and I am having a lot of problems like:
>
> 1) bitfields exceeding 16 not allowed
>
> 2) many restrictions in function pointers
>
> 3) I can´t work with the linux libraries
>
> 4) need to convert chunk addressing from unsigned to unsigned long

> Please, any help would be very very welcome...

It is very difficult to make code that works with all non-standard compilers.
Have you tried asking Keil about compiler flags etc?
I am sure that it is possible to make yaffs work with this CPU, but it might
take some effort to make the required changes

I am curious what linux libraries you are having problems with.

-- Charles