Re: [Balloon] Redirect console to ssh pty

Author: Jonathan McDowell
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Redirect console to ssh pty
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:37:04AM -0400, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> OK, I'm stumped...
>
> I would like to redirect the console output (specifically printk
> messages) away from ttyS2 (over which I'm running ppp) and onto the
> pty associated with my ssh login.
>
> Is this possible? If so, how would I do it? Everything I've seen in
> the kernel documentation is related to switching consoles between VTs
> on a PC and the frame buffer. This is a little different.

Not quite what you asked for, but you might want to investigate
netconsole, which will output kernel console output over the network.
Useful if what you're trying to do is capture crash/oops output more
easily than using a serial console. If that's not what you're looking
for what are you missing that dmesg doesn't provide?

J.

--
Web [  101 things you can't have too much of : 30 - Comfy sofas.   ]
site: http:// [                                          ]       Made by