[Balloon] Redirect console to ssh pty

Author: Patrick Doyle
To: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Redirect console to ssh pty
OK, I'm stumped...

I would like to redirect the console output (specifically printk
messages) away from ttyS2 (over which I'm running ppp) and onto the
pty associated with my ssh login.

Is this possible? If so, how would I do it? Everything I've seen in
the kernel documentation is related to switching consoles between VTs
on a PC and the frame buffer. This is a little different.

It seems like it might be a common enough desire in embedded
development... write a module, stuff some printk's in it, load it,
watch the printks spew forth on the terminal, lather, rinse, repeat,

I know I could install syslog, and probably configure it, but all I
want to do is to issue an ioctl (or even better, use stty at the
command line) to point console output at my current pty.

Any tips?

--wpd