Re: [Yaffs] Can someone help me mount an existing yaffs file

Author: Eivind Tagseth
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Can someone help me mount an existing yaffs file
Den 04. okt. 2013 00:40, skrev Jason:
> All 3 file systems are (ext2) Montavista Linux 3.3.1 running a 2.4.18 or
> 2.4.20 kernel (I don't remember and I lost my notes). I was only
> successfully able to mount the ramdisk. The 2 yaffs files can "mount" but
> all that is in the directory is a lost+found folder.

This looks like what happened to me when trying to upgrade to the latest
version of yaffs.

We were using the yaffs kernel config option:

YAFFS_DISABLE_TAGS_ECC set to "y"

When upgrading to the latest version of yaffs, this option is still
available in Kconfig, but the code to support it is gone, it is now only
available as a mount option.

Since this config option was missing when the new version of yaffs
mounted my filesystem, yaffs interpreted all my blocks as bad, and
erased everything, leaving only a lost+found folder. This happened even
if the filesystem was mounted read-only.

Perhaps this is what's happening to you as well? If yaffs expects a
different ECC layout/config than it gets, then this matches the
behaviour I've seen.

Eivind