[Yaffs] Re: can't see files after umount (Lance Ware)

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Tue Dec 20 23:33:15 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 07:54, yuri.golovach at mindspeed.com wrote:
> I'm using latest mtd (slightly patched by myself, because it uses newest
> functions, which aren't presented in 2.6.11) with kernel 2.6.11.
>
> First of all I want to thank you for a help. I've tried to use Sergey's
> patch and now I've no problem with mount/umount for small size files.
>
> But.. I've received anouther problem - I can't copy files with size more
> then 1Mb. So, if i do this and do mount/umount I can't see them after. So,
> Sergeys patch was nice, but it doesn't fix the issue with big files.

Sergey's patch does not completely fix the problem. It makes some assumptions
about byte positions. I expect that what is happeing is that the tags are
still getting corrupted and above a certain file size the tag corruption
causes data to go missing.

I suggest you make sure that all the tags bytes are being passed correctly.

-- Charles